Saturday, 23 March 2013

Vase of Delights

Hi all,

Its a very exciting day here in our household, madam and I  are going the the NEC to see the one and only One Direction in concert - I tell you I had to move hell & high water to get these tickets but finally managed to get some a few weeks back after months of trying!!!

She screamed the place down when we told her we had got tickets, so I can only imagine what she is going to be like later - ear plugs at the ready I think lol!!!

Anyway I was asked by my SIL if I could make her a card for MIL's 90th birthday. I dont normally do commissions as I don't really like to have to work to guidelines but she left if pretty open saying anything with flowers or butterflies so it wasn't too bad. However I knew that none of my pretty, cutesy images wouldn't cut it for a 90th and have to admit was struggling a bit until I remembered some images I won from Ladybug Crafts Ink a while ago.


The image I used is called Jug & Vase Delight and I teamed it with some pretty MME papers from the Howdy Doody pad. I chose to make an easel card so it looked a bit more special and added lots of yummy flowers and butterflies. I used some lace and ribbon to pretty it up even more and added a gorgeous flourish behind the flowers.

In the end I was really pleased with how it turned out and hopefully when I give to my SIL later she will like it.

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

I would like to enter this card into the following challaneges

Ladybug Crafts Ink - Spring - Winner

Paper Creators - Spring has sprung

Card Makin Mamas - Spring colours

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Bring on Spring

Sweet Pea Stampers - Spring colours
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...