Saturday 23 March 2013

Vase of Delights

Hi all,

Its a very exciting day here in our household, madam and I  are going the the NEC to see the one and only One Direction in concert - I tell you I had to move hell & high water to get these tickets but finally managed to get some a few weeks back after months of trying!!!

She screamed the place down when we told her we had got tickets, so I can only imagine what she is going to be like later - ear plugs at the ready I think lol!!!

Anyway I was asked by my SIL if I could make her a card for MIL's 90th birthday. I dont normally do commissions as I don't really like to have to work to guidelines but she left if pretty open saying anything with flowers or butterflies so it wasn't too bad. However I knew that none of my pretty, cutesy images wouldn't cut it for a 90th and have to admit was struggling a bit until I remembered some images I won from Ladybug Crafts Ink a while ago.


The image I used is called Jug & Vase Delight and I teamed it with some pretty MME papers from the Howdy Doody pad. I chose to make an easel card so it looked a bit more special and added lots of yummy flowers and butterflies. I used some lace and ribbon to pretty it up even more and added a gorgeous flourish behind the flowers.

In the end I was really pleased with how it turned out and hopefully when I give to my SIL later she will like it.

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

I would like to enter this card into the following challaneges

Ladybug Crafts Ink - Spring - Winner

Paper Creators - Spring has sprung

Card Makin Mamas - Spring colours

Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Bring on Spring

Sweet Pea Stampers - Spring colours

14 comments:

Anne said...

It's gorgeous Lyndsey. Sweet image, perfect for a 90 year old lady
Anne x

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card and the layout Lyndsey is gorgeous x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

HelenR said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love it! HelenR x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Lyndsey, love all the pretty details. Hope you both have the best time hun.

Donna x

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its really pretty Lyndsey and love the fresh colours. Don't envy you being in the NEC with all those screaming girls!! Susan x

coops said...

this is so stunning lyndsey.really love your design and gorgeous pretty image and details.
i hope you both had a fabulous time at the concert :D

xx coops xx

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours and design..Thank you for joining us this month at Sweet Pea Stampers and hope to see you again. Good luck..
Lozzy x

DesignerDiva said...

Great card Lyndsey, love that you used an LCI image and your flowers and details are gorgeous
While I'm here.......Thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs at LCI this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

marion82 said...

Oh what a lovely and sweet card!!Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!¦
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
for my free digis!!

Sue Jones said...

Fab card. Thanks so much for joining in at Sweet Pea Stampers this month . Good Luck and have a wonderful Easter x

Deanne Saunders said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this month of “Spring colours” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...