Monday 4 March 2013

Congratulations

Hi all,

I have a sweet little card to show you today, My cousin got engaged last Saturday to his long term girlfriend and they threw a massive party. A great night was had by all and it was such fun catching up with family and friends who we do not get to see that often. Abbie and I danced our feet off, so much my heels had to come off in the end lol!! and we didnt get back home until about 1am. Can you believe it I woke up on the Sunday to what felt like a hangover - I only had 3 bottles of still water all night (cant drink anymore due to my bladder problems boo!!).

Anyway thought I'd show you the card I made them, the week before in class I got the girls working to a sketch and doing a bit of paper piecing. So I used the sketch to make my card and have to say was pretty please with how it turned out.


The image is from Stampavie, coloured with promarkers and I rubbed a bit of the blender pen onto a clean dishcloth and held it onto the image to get the texture on the bears - just love the look it created. I teamed the image with some gorgeous First Edition - Rose Garden - papers and added a few flowers, lace & organza ribbon to finish.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

5 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey, that's a great idea and way of getting that texture look. It works brilliantly, can't wait to try that lol
Have a good weekend
Hugs Kelly

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! So cute image and gorgeous layout. hugs, Helena

Sandra H said...

So beautiful Lyndsey is your card and the happy couple will love it l'm sure fabulous image too! xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lyndsey.i love your sweet bears and pretty design and your colouring is fabulous, love the fur :D

xx coops xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...