Saturday 24 January 2009

In the frame with Penny Black

First of all I would like to say a big thanks to all of you who have made lovely comments on my demo samples. I can only hope that the customers next saturday are as complimentry.
I have had to do a couple of personal cards today for my nephew who's birthday is tomorrow. I was totally unsure what to do as I find male cards really hard. Luckily for me the postie dropped off some PB images that I had brought off Ebay and there was a couple of suitable designs in there. I am hoping to be able to do some challenges this week as the last 2 weeks have been chaos and with me being ill as well I missed most of them. So am I hoping to be able to take part in most of them this week. So I have decided to enter this card in the Penny Black challenge this week which is 'In the Frame' you have to include a frame somewhere on your card. So I have mounted my image straight onto the card, then cut out a frame and mounted on top of the image with foam pads to give it some depth. I also decided to make this card not too fussy and went for just 2 patterned papers and a couple of brads. I think sometimes with male cards its best to do something quite plain and simple.



This fab surfer dude is from Penny Black coloured in with whispers pens , I have no idea of the name as I dont own the stamp. The papers are Papermania for him collection, DCWV cardstock, Papermania sentiment sticker & Dovecraft brads.

Lyndsey xx

13 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

oh one super cute dude and great take on the challenge Lyndsey..love the papers..thanks for playing along this week at PBSC and enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Tab said...

Wow, love this Lyndsey! The iamge is fab, never seen it before! Great for the dufficult boys cards, we all dread doing LOL.
Hugs Tab xxx

gina g said...

great card Lyndsey fab image, your nephew will love it. luv gina xx

Sue said...

So hard to do boys cards but you have really got is sussed. Great card xxx Sue

Jana said...

Great image and beautifull card! I like the color combibations.

Mephisto said...

Wonderful Work.

Thanks for joining in the PBSC

Domi

tracie said...

oh wow this is fabulous Lindsey, love this cute kitty ~ your nephew will love it ~ great work.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Georgia said...

I love this, I like how you've framed the image - it really makes it stand out and the papers are lovely!!
Love, Georgia x

Sue said...

Great card Lynsey,luve the papers you have used, sue.x

Debbie said...

Great card Lyndsey! I always struggle making cards for boys but you have done a terrific job, the papers are fab and I love your new stamp. Your nephew will love it! Debbie x

Beth said...

This is brilliant! I love the stamp and the funky papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week!
Beth xx

Anonymous said...

I love the image. As the mom of boys, I will need to keep an eye out for that one. The papers you used are so fun and fab.

~Michelle

Pauline C said...

What a cool & funky card Lyndsey - love it! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
Pauline x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...