Wednesday 14 January 2009

Engagement Card

Well my brother is throwing a fabulous party on Saturday (I really hope that I am well enough to go) to celebrate his 25th birthday and his Engagement to his wonderful and extremely good looking partner Damion. They have been together for quite a few years now and they make such a wonderful couple. They also have their 2 little babies Manolo & Balenciaga their gorgeous little puppies. Can you tell by their name that my brother is obsessed with Sex & the City. So not only have I got to make him a birthday card, but an engagement one as well. Now finding the right image has proved to be a slight problem, but I think this little Penny Black cutie solved that. Then the colour scheme for the card was also in question, did I got totally over the top and make it all pink and sparkly (which he prob would have loved) or did I go more masculine. In the end I decided to pick the colours from the bottle of bubbly on the image which meant the card took on a slightly more masculine feel to it.

The image is Penny Black, the papers are Basic Grey Granola, DCWV cardstock, Dovecraft brads & ribbon.
Now the theme for the party is Purple & White, which completely went out of head when I was making this card. So I will now have to make sure that his birthday card is the correct colours.
Lyndsey xx

9 comments:

Bev said...

I LOVE visiting your blog Lyndsey, your cards are so "happy" and always make me smile.

This one is just adorable, your colouring is fantastic and the layout brilliant

hugs Bev x

Caroline said...

Stunning card! Perfect image I am sure they will both love it. Caroline x

Sally said...

Great card. Hope you are feeling well enough to attend.

Tab said...

Wowee fabby card, adore the image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Janet said...

A fab card Lyndsey! The happy couple will love it!

Tara said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey, the image is so sweet. Hope you are able to go and have a fab time, take care! xx

Joy said...

Another fabby card Lyndsey, it's great, I am sure your brother and his partner will absolutely love it.

Joy xx

Lynsey said...

Lyndsey this is a great engagement card, I love the image.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Joey said...

Hi Lyndsey, your card is gorgeous, love the colouring of the image.xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...