Tuesday 18 November 2008

Birthday Handbag meets One stop Craft Challenge

It was my cousins 16 birthday today and about 10 of us went out for a meal to celebrate, had a lovely time and I had chicken korma, rice & chips yummy yummy (no good for my diet though and I get weighed tomorrow). I was a little good afterwards as I didnt have desert and that is very unusual for me. Anyway We had got her this lovely little necklace and earing set for a pressie and I wanted to make some thing to pop it in. Well at one point I did know how to make a box out of 2 pieces of paper, but for the life of me do you think I could get it right. Half an hour later a gave up and came up with this idea. I took a handbag shapped card and cut it down the seam, I covered the two halves in paper and with the same paper made a strip which I scored and folded into a zig zag shape. I attached this to the bottom edges of each half of the handbag and took it slightly up the sides, so it gave the bag a bottom. Added some prima flowers with gem brads, punched out a tag and whoila!!!. I was quite pleased with the results and my cousin loved it. (sorry about the pic, I dont take very good night time pics). I have now decided to enter this for the One Stop Craft Challenge blog, as the theme this week is pretty petals.



Papers are Dovecraft Hint of Pink, Prima Flowers, Dovecraft Tag Punch & Gem Brads.
Lyndsey xx

7 comments:

Donna said...

Wow this is fantastic Lyndsey, brilliant idea. I would have loved to recieve a gift in this, very special. Oh can't stop thinking of your curry now, could just do with a curry lol. Thanks for joining in the One Stop Craft Challenge. Donna x

Tab said...

What I lovely bag! I bet she was well pleased with it. Love the colours too. :0)
Tab xxx

Rebecca said...

What a lovely idea!! I've never thought of doing that instead of a box LOL x

Lisa said...

Very pretty and a great idea. I bet she loved it! x

Paula said...

Wow this is just beautiful the papers you have used are my all time favorites. Thankyou for taking part in the one stop craft challenge
Paula xxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Absolutely fabulous! This is a fantastic change from a box to put a gift in....and all girls love their handbags, don't they? Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon

Nikki said...

Fantastic I just love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge
Nikki x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...