Saturday 15 September 2012

Stand up Straight

Hi all,

Hope you are all having a good weekend, my week here has been a bit up & down. My step grandad passed away at the beginning of the month and Fri (yesterday) was his funeral. It was a lovely service and the weather was nice for us so it all went down well. Apart from the fact that on Thurs night just as we were getting into bed my stepmom called to say something was wrong with my dad and needed us round there as she was with her mom in Birmingham ready for the funeral. Rich went round as kids were in bed and the result was my dad being taken to hospital in an ambulance, so we were up most of the night sorting that out, turns out they think he has a gall bladder infection or gall stones and needs a scan to determine the outcome. So yesterday we were very tired and out of sorts, then to top it all off it is my moms birthday today and we all went out for a meal with her and family last night and I had a real funny turn in the pub and nearly passed out and had to come home early. So today for the second weekend in a row I am not feeling too good, at least this week its not self inflicted lol!!!

Anyway enough of my woe's, today we see the start of a new challenge over on the Little Claire blog and our theme this month is

Stand up Straight

So we would like to see your Easel Cards or cards that stand.

For my card I have used the very cute little girl from the Bright Blue Skies stamp set an made a Twisted Easel.


I have teamed my image with some gorgeous papers from Trimcraft from their First Edition range called Boho Chic, added a bit of cream organza ribbon and some gorgeous WOC flowers.

The prize for this months challenge will be some fabby Little Claire goodies, so why not pop over and join in the fun, also check out my team mates gorgeous creations while your there too.

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

12 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Lyndsey! Your card is gorgeous with beautiful flowers and papers x

Kim said...

love this twisted easel card! and the colours & papers you've used look great! and really love the flowers!
Kim x

Jacq said...

Hi Lyndsey,
I sure hope your Dad is OK and it all gets sorted for him and I hope that you are feeling better too. You take things easy.
Oh this is just Gorgeous Lyndsey!!! Love the cute little image, the dp's, the colour scheme is just gorgeous too. Love the layout and the embellishments are fabulous. Coloured to perfection. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Lyndsey, love the beautifully coloured image and all the gorgeous embellishments. So sorry to hear your news of the past week, hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Caz x

Vicky said...

So adorable Lyndsey...and loving the layout too hun...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janice said...

This is so sweet, love your pretty card, Jx

Donna said...

Super swwet card Lyndsey and such a clever design...hope all OK with your Dad...hugs :) Donna ♥ x

SUZYD said...

VERY PRETTY CARD.SUZYD X

coops said...

aw i do hope everyone is feeling better soon lyndsey.love your card, really sweet image and your design and colours are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

This is beautiful hun! Such a sweet image, fab colours and I love all those gorgeous flowers too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, gorgeous flowers too! hugs me xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...