Friday 7 October 2011

Quick and simple christmas card

Hi all,

Just have a quick post for you today, as things a a bit hetic here due to shutting up shop this weekend. Have been taking down shevling, racking etc and bagging items up that havent sold yet. Car Boots here I come oh the joys!!!!.

This card is one of the few xmas cards I made a while back, very quick and easy to make as the the papers and topper were all free in a mag. This card is for Oli of Abbie, hence the reason for the cute charaters.


I made the card following this sketch challenge that I gave my ladies in class a while ago. Although I did flip it around.

Its a bit of a sad day today as I am supposed to be taking my car back to the garage I brought if off today, as due to the shop closing and not knowing when I will get a proper job I can no longer afford to keep it. I am extremely gutted as its my pride and joy and worked so hard to get it, but they are offering me a deal I cant turn down and settling my finance for me so hey ho!!!

So I wont be posting much next week as Im off on my hols, having a few days away from the stress of everything (before I have a breakdown!!!) but I have scheduled my posts for the WRS blog hop on Mon & MMCS challenge on Wed so please do pop back for those. Hubby will not allow me to take my lappie with me so am gonna be cut off from everything - dont think he realises I can get on here trhough my phone lol!!!

Anyway thanks for popping by my blog today, be back soon.

Lyndsey xx

11 comments:

Mary J said...

Fab sketch Lyndsey and love your card!

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lyndsey, I'm so sorry about the shop hun, there's so much competition from the big places, I know you must have worked your little socks off. A real shame about the car but hopefully you will get another dream machine very soon. I hope you have a really lovely time away, take it easy and enjoy, you really deserve it. Love the card BTW very cute image and a great LO.

Hugs

Donna x

craftymum said...

Hi Lyndsey
I will miss the shop. can't imagine how you must be feeling. I hope you have a good rest. Perhaps we will bump into each other in Hobbycraft!
There is a new blog ( details on my blog) we would love for you to become a follower and maybe mention it on your blog. There is some candy on offer too!
hugs Sarah x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lyndsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Oh Sweetie...I be thinking of you over the weekend....and I hope you have a lovely break too..

take care...and fabulous card too..hugs Vicky xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time at the moment & that you are having to close your shop..so a well deserved holiday is needed sweetie, enjoy your time away & make sure you relax!!
Fantastic card sweetie...
Have a great weekend!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous effective card -stunning

coops said...

fabulous card elyndsey.i really love the fun image and your colours and design are stunning ;D
have a relaxing break hun.

xx coops xx

Lisa said...

Fab card Lyndsey. Nice to see you today. Have a good break, nice and relaxing I hope! Lisa :)

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Lyndsey, Very pretty christmas card. Love the flowers with the coloured brads. Great take on the sketch.
It was lovely to see you today but sad :-( the shop was closing.
Have a lovely break you deserve it!
Diane, hugs xx

Donna said...

Such a fun and festive card Lyndsey, brilliant layout too...may have to give it whirl if you don't mind :) Donna ♥ x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...