Saturday 29 October 2011

Daisy Chains and Buttercups



Hi all,

Sorry I didnt pop back on yesterday with another christening card as promised, we had a bit of a family day and the laptop was banned. For some reason my family seem to think I spend too much time on here lol!!!!. Anyway we had a lazy morning then took the kids out for lunch and to the cinema to see Tintin. I was not that impressed with it to be honest but the kids and hubby!! loved it, we then went hunting for madams halloween costume and sweeties. Abbie loves going treat or treating but I am finding it increasingly difficult to take here as people dont seem to want to answer their doors anymore, then she gets all upset and I feel bad. So this year I have told her I am not going to take her and said she can invite some friends round for a little tea party instead - will have to let you know how that goes!!!

Anyway today sees a new challenge over at Totally Gorjuss and this week our theme is

I Remember

This can be anything, something you remember from your childhood, in rememberance of something etc.

And we are sponsered by the fabulous



Whilst looking through my box of LOTV cute squares for something else, this little image just jumped right out at me. When I was little we used to live right across the road from a park, during the six weeks holidays (and lots of other times too) my sister and I would spend a lot of time over there playing with friends and having fun. One of the things we used to do was to pick daisies and buttercups and make them into necklaces, crowns, bracelets etc and dance around the field pretending to be fairy princesses lol!!!.  This image totally reminded me of that and so I just had to use it - even down to the colour of the hair on the girls, both me and my sister were blonde when we we young but my sisters was always slightly darker than mine.


As I said the image is a LOTV cute square and I have teamed it with some gorgeous Basic Grey papers, the flowers are a mixture of WOC and some I picked up at the NEC in march and MS branch punch. Craftwork Cards sentiment, papermania gems and some delish dotty satin ribbon.

Well thanks for popping by my blog today, I do you hope you pop on over to the challenge blog and join in the fun this week.

Lyndsey xx

3 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh Lyndsey, how very very beautiful!!

Have a fab weekend honey!

coops said...

wow this is stunning lyndsey.i love the gorgeous zesty colours and image and your embellies are fab :D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning card Lyndsey, love the gorgeous colours and very scrummy papers & details.

Donna x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...