Sunday 27 March 2011

Martini Nikki

Hi all

Sorry the posts have been in short supply this week, I have been soo busy you would not believe. Anyway my SIL asked me to make a card for her best friend's 50th this weekend and the brief was - something sassy but not girly, no pink, not cute and a bit grown up. Well I think this fabulous Martini Nikki fits the bill prefectly, and over on the LCI challenge blog this week they have a monochrome theme. I chose blue as my colour scheme so teamed Nikki with some gorgeous Papermania Capsule Collection papers. Added a splattering of flowers - glimmered up with Stickles and finished with some fabby ribbon I got from the NEC on Thurs. The only problem I had was I had no blue card that matched, so I matted with black just to make it stand out a bit (hope thats ok girls!). Anyway I think my friend Diane (who makes the most fab LCI cards would be proud of me lol!!)



So I would like to enter this card into the following challenge

Ladybug Crafts Ink - Monochrome

Allsorts - Special Lady

Craft Your Days Away - Mum/Special Lady

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

17 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

I can see the image of your card on the post hun, its beautiful! Love the colours and layout hugs Heidi x

Kerry said...

Looks like really dark navy to me Lyndsey!!! I have a 50th to make for a friend and I was going to use Martini Nikki too :-D I love her in blue...your colouring is flabulous and that navy really sets the paler blues off lol. Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous card -Nikki looks elegant in Blue .. and i love the new ribbon
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa ;)

Pami said...

ooh Lyndsey, I love Martini Nikki in blue! This is a gorgeous card and I am sure the receipient will love it! Martini Nikki is my favourite! Thanks so much for joining us at LCI this week, good luck! Hope to see you next week! Pami x

cowboydutrem said...

She's so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us in LCI monochrome challenge!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Oh Lyndsey, I am very proud of you lol.
This is my all time favourite LCI stamp, and it looks absolutely gorgeous!
Your friend Lyn will love this.
See you tomorrow
Diane :-) xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lyndsey, this is very beautiful, love the fab image and papers. Gorgeous sentiment. We have a special birthdays challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers, this would be perfect for it. Thanks for the comment about Blogger too hun, really appreciate it.

Donna x

Angie said...

Oooh Lyndsey this blue is fab with the black. Really makes it stand out and Martini Nikki looks really relaxed - but as good as Diane's 'girly' cards? m-m-m I think you might have succeeded here lol. Angie xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey
Fits the brief perfectly - I love the colour scheme.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the fab image, perfect for a 50th birthday.
luv
Debby

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is so gorgeous! Love the image, love the blue, it's all fabulous :o) Lisa x

Mary J said...

WOW!!! This is such a great card - I love it!

Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week and hope to see you again!

Mary J xxx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous car Lyndsey, love the colours, fab papers and a lovely sentiment!
Clairexx

Fleur said...

A great card, looks so very special & I am sure it will be greatly received
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Wow this is an amazing card love the blue colour theme...

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Amanda said...

Lovely card and a great image - thanks for joining in with our Mother’s Day challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...