Sunday 28 April 2013

M.I.A

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop a quick post on as to why I am MIA!!!

As most of you know I had a major operation this time last year, and though I am now a year on I still seem to be suffering with a lot of health problems. I don't seem to have much energy at the moment and was beginning to feel very pressured with the amount of time I was having to spend on DT commitments and deadlines. The time it has been taking up (making the card, blogging it, DT commenting etc etc) has been causing a few problems in my household, and I feel that I was beginning to neglect my family.

So after a lot of thought and discussion with my hubby I have decided to take a big step back from DT work & blogging. I have stepped down from my DT's with all but a couple of Guest spots I have already committed to remaining. I am hoping that this will make me feel less stressed about things, and I still want to carry on crafting, but more if & when I feel like it rather than having to work to deadlines.

So I think its safe to say that my postings may be a bit sporadic in the next few months while I sort myself out. At the moment I am really struggling to even make a card and to top it off have broken the screen on my laptop so am having to pinch Oli's tablet or use my phone to get online lol!!!

I do have a few cards made and ready to show, but the piccys for those are on my laptop and tbh I cant be bothered to re take them and load them up, so will have to wait until my laptop returns.

I am still planning on hopping round your blogs peeking at your fabby creations, and maybe I might just get my enthusiasm back sooner rather than later x

Lyndsey xx

15 comments:

Margrit said...

You have obviously given this a lot of thought and its right for you. Will miss seeing your fabby cards on your blog but the main thing is YOU.
Take Care.

Eileen said...

If pressure is making crafting feel a chore you are definitely doing the right thing Lyndsey. Family and sanity always come first. I will miss the beautiful cards you make but your health is far more important. Hope you feel much better soon.
Eileen x

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to see you leave our lovely DT dear but health and family life come first - I do hope things pick up for you soon sweetie!
Take care
Hugs xx Cara xx

Sue said...

Sorry to hear about your health problems Lyndsey.
I can totally understand how you must be feeling. Crafting should be fun and not stressful.
Take care of yourself
hugs Sue xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Sorry to hear you have been struggling Lyndsey. Enjoy your break, hope things get better soon
Big hugs
Kelly x

Christine said...

Awww sweetie sorry to hear your still having probs..there are times when as you say we need to step away from crafting/blogging.. hope your soon feeling better with the onset of your crafty break..family & health come 1st..take care hope to see you when your ready..

luv n hugs Christine xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

So sorry to hear you have been having health problems Lyndsey. You are doing the right thing, your health and family come first. Crafting is a hobby and should be done for enjoyment when it becomes a chore then you need to rethink. Hope the break does you good, I am sure it will and look forward to hopefully seeing you back with some more fabulous creations. Hugs Susan x

Misty's said...

Hi Lyndsey
You have done an amazing job creating so many beautiful creations in the last few months since I've started following you. Well done. It is a pleasure to visit your lovely blog every time. I know more than most how it feels to be slave to my outrages chronic pains and being depressed to the core.
Put your feet up,Lyndsey, relax and enjoy your family to the max. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Michaela xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Take care of yourself, get well and enjoy that lovely family of yours. See you in blogland again soon, hugs Heidi xx

mags said...

Sorry to hear this Lyndsey but your health and family come first. Take care and hope you are feeling better soon.
Mags
x

debby4000 said...

I sometimes think we over stretch ourselves and things we love become a chore.
I also think its sad that people with work, young family try to blog everyday with a card when its not necessary with things like feed readers or subscribing by e-mail.
I rather seen a fabulous card now and again rather than none at all.
Do hope you feel like card making again now that the pressure is off.
luv
Debby

coops said...

Your health and family must always come first lyndsey and the rest will then hopefully follow.you take care and i look forward to seeing your cards when you feel like sharing :D

xx coops xx

Sandra H said...

Hi Lyndsey, Oh sorry to hear this but your health comes first and your family take care and hopefully will see you around blog land xx

Carol Willis said...

Hope you feel better soon Lyndsey. Take care.
Hugs
Caz x

Judy said...

Hi Lyndsey,

I'm a new follower, and just wanted to thank you for all your inspiration, and to let you know your card (http://www.lyndseymariedesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/sweet-summer-days.html) inspired my summer swing card.

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...