Wednesday 22 February 2012

Canvas Heart - DT for MMCS



Hi all,

Its that time of the week again for a new challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop, this week our theme is

Buttons & Ribbons

We are sponsered this week by the fabulous


Well I fancied doing something a bit different today and didn't want to use a few buttons and piece of ribbon on a card. So this is what I came up with.

 


I took a little canvas (about A5 in size), distressed all round the egdes with Tea Dye Distress ink and then made a little heart out of buttons. To get the heart shape I made a heart in my graphics programme about 10cm dia, cut it out and placed it on the canvas before I distressed. This then left me with a heart shape on the canvas which I filled with different buttons. I added a bit of organza and satin ribbon across the bottom and finished off with a massive bow. All the buttons are different shades of cream and brown and with the gorgeous brown ribbon matches my living room perfectly. (at least I have used a few of the thousands of buttons I have left over from the shop lol!!!)

Thanks for popping by my blog today, please do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates fabulous creations.

Lyndsey xx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVE THIS!!!!! xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, this is very different and very pretty.

Jill said...

ohh Lyndsey as so as I saw this on the DT blog I loved it it's so different the buttons and the ribbon are perfect together hugs Jill xx

coops said...

love this lyndsey.gorgeous colours and the buttons heart is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Jules said...

Oh wow Lyndsey!!!

I love, love, love, love, love this!!!

Fabulous coloured buttons forming the perfect shaped heart and a stunning ribbon bow!! Beautiful!!!

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous hun I love the image made of buttons cool idea hugs Pops x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...