Thursday 1 April 2021

Slothy Birthday

Good morning everyone,

Pinch, punch its the first of the Month! It's the 1st of April, however we have no April Fools here, just a very excited 15 year old celebrating her 2nd lockdown birthday.

We are also celebrating something very exciting over at Time for Tea Designs. Today is the day we launch our new monthly challenges! Pop on over to the blog for all the details on how to enter and win yourself a fabulous prize๐ŸŽ‰


So onto my card, the theme for our  first month's challenge is "Cute Critters" now these adorable sloths from the Be Slothy  stamp set happen to be one of my T4T favourite stamp sets and a certain person asked for them on her Birthday card so I just had to use them.

I started by colouring my images with my Spectrum Noir markers (colours listed below in order of lightest to darkest) and cutting them out with the Coordinating Dies.

Sloth - body EB2, GB8, GB10
face/belly - EB1, EB2
Eyes - EB5, EB7
Branches - TN5, TN7, TN9
Leaves - GT1,  GT2,  GT3 

I took the Scalloped Circle Trio Slimline Die, cut a panel of white card and used the leaf, flower and butterfly stamps from the set to create a patterned background. I then adhered this onto a piece of white card stencilled with clouds from the Scene it 6x6 Stencil.

I used the next size up die to cut a piece of teal card and finally cut a scalloped piece in pink. I matted all the layers together and added to the front of a slimline card cut to 23cm x 10cm.

I finished off with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in the bottom right hand corner and a few randomly placed clear drops.

If you would like to purchase any of items I've used on my card today (or any other in store item) you can use the code T4TLYNDSEY10 to get 10% off your order ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...