Sunday 28 October 2012

Vintage Christmas

Hi all,

Have something a bit different to show you today, every so often in class my ladies like to do a sketch challenge. As I think this is a bit easy for them I often do the sketch with a technique of some sort. For these cards I got them doing a bit of distressing both with tools and inks - lets just say a few of them were a bit distressed with me at the end and a couple said they didn't like the effect and thought the cards looked like they were some old ones that had been found in the loft or something lol!!!. But at least its a technique that they now know how to do.




So as you can see all the edges have been distressed (using nail files) and then inked with Tea Dye Distress Ink (using shaving foam brushes - 60p Wilkinsons!!!). The images were stamped putting the coloured inks direct onto the stamps and a bit of stickles added to the tree. The papers were some old ones that came free with magazines.

Here is the sketch we used


Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Hey Lyndsey

I love the distress technique and your cards look fab.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some much appreciated comments.

Hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend and have a great week.

Take care

Ta ta for now.

Hazel xx

Caroline said...

Hi Lyndsey this is fantastic I love the effect and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely cards... what a fun sketch!
Hugs
Kim
x

coops said...

so stunning lyndsey.love the tree stamp and gorgeous papers and distressing.i find distressing fab especially if your mat and layering is wonky like mine.lol :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...