Thursday 8 December 2011

Christmas Flower

Hi all,

Its time for a new challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop and this week the theme is

Tradtional Christmas

We would like to see tradtional type images, colours etc on your creations

We are sponsered this week by



And they are offering the winner $15 to spend in store.

So for my creation this week I chose to do something a bit different. I have been wanting to have a go at a candle for ages and have been put off cause I thought it would be tricky. Well I think I was worried for nothing and after some very careful colouring on tissue paper - managed to transfer my image to the candle with no problems at all. I then made a base using a Marianne Die to create my flowers and attached them to a Die cut ring which I then slid over the top of the candle. I made a matching card and as the image was very tradtional and not at all cute, thought it would be a perfect set to give to my MIL for xmas (who is 83 - so not into cute!!!).


The image is a Penny Black stamp called Christmas Colour and the papers are from Papermania called - at Christmas Time.

Well I hope you like my little creation, please do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates fabulous cards this week.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

4 comments:

Mary J said...

Oh how very lovely Lyndsey!! Gorgeous candle!

craftymum said...

gorgeous card and candle Lyndsey
hugs Sarah x

coops said...

this is stunning lyndsey.gorgeous image and i love the poinsettas.really fab gift set :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Lyndsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...