Saturday 9 April 2011

Coffee for two

Hi all,

Sorry its been so long since I last posted a card, things have been really busy here with birthdays and end of year stocktake!! and I havent had time to craft since before madams birthday. I have finally had a bit of time this morning and decided to follow the sketch over at Ladybug Crafts Ink, this is the third week in a row I have managed to complete their challenge and I am really enjoying them - seeing as I have quite a few LCI stamps too I really should put them to good use. I love this image and really wish I had more time on my hands to do this sort of thing with my friends, however my BF did take me out to lunch this week for my b'day and we had a delish chinese meal and a gorge piece of choc cake for afters yum yum!!!.


I made the flowers by die cutting 3 circles, cutting them into a spiral and then rolling them up. I have seen these on quite a few blogs lately and finally decided to have a go at them, I am quite pleased with how they turned out and think they match the flowers on my paper perfectly.

On another note we were at the hospital this week with madam, and for the 3rd time in a row she has lost weight so not too good news so are now upping the anti with her food. Dont think the poor mite could possibly eat anymore with the amount we are trying to feed her lol!!!.  They have also put her on more antibiotics as a background measure as she seems to be picking up a lot of bugs and seems off quite a few times, they taste horrible (like liquorice) and we are now into bribeing.

Anyway thought I would show you a liitle picture of something that we call FUN physio - here she is in the garden using a `Bubble Pep' . Technically it is an empty milk bottle with a piece of oxygen tubing fed through, the bottle is half filled with a soapy mixture and Abbie has to blow as hard as she can to make the bubbles come out over the top. This gives her lungs a great workout and she sees it as a bit of fun which can only be a good thing.



Thanks for popping by my blog today, hope to be back soon.

Lyndsey xx

15 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lyndsey, love your your gorgeous card and pretty rolled flowers. Yummy papers and LO too. Looks like Abbie is enjoying the bubbles, hope it does the trick with her lungs. Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Donna x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey and belated birthday wishes. Love to Abbie and hope she gets better soon!
Clairexx

BA said...

so cute kindsay
xoxo BA

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey...such a fabby image and great dp's and flowers too..must give them ago myself!...Oh I wish I had some time do "lunch" with GF'S..never enough time tho' :o(

Oh your daughter looks like she was have a fabby time blowing her bubbles...hope her weight settles down soon hun..

hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

stunning card lyndsey.the image is fantastic and i love your fab papers and colours.
aw your daughter is beautiful hun, i hope her weight improves soon,

xx coops xx

Kerry said...

It's great that your gorgeous girl can have fun at the same time as having physio and I don't know anyone who wouldn't enjoy blowing bubbles! Hope she starts putting on weight soon. Your card is gorgeous...love the pp you've used and your flowers are flab! Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week Lyndsey xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey :o) Love the papers and great image. The flowers look fab too. Lovely pic of your daughter, hope things improve for her soon. Lisa x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lyndsey,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Super cute card, love your mix of papers. Thanks for playing along with us at LCI this week.

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Lyndsey. Love the colour combo and image. Sounds like you enjoyed lunch. Abbie looks like she's enjoying those bubbles, bless her.
See you tomorrow.
Diane hugs :-) xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is fabulous - i love the colours and the papers -what a great take on our sketch this week at LCI
Good luck
Lisa x

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your card is stunning, Lyndsey honey!

Thx for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!! Hope to see you again soon!

Mary J x

Pami said...

Hi Lyndsey, your daughter looks like she is having such fun and its great that she can do that whilst it is making her better.

The card is super fabulous! Love all the DP with the image (I don't have that image so much get it!) Thanks so much for joining in again with us at LCI this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

cowboydutrem said...

Gorgeous friendship card! Love those rolled flowers, I might have to try them too!

Donna said...

Stunning card Lyndsey the flowers are amazing! Lovely photo of Abbie...hope she enjoyed her workout :) Donna x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...