Wednesday 28 April 2010

something different

Something different is the challenge over a papertake weekly this week. Now I am feeling better I was going to make my 2 bestest friends thank you cards for the help and support they gave me whilst I was ill and recovering. Then I saw this challenge and whilst looking through my craft cupboard for something else last night I found a chipboard album, as they say I then had a light bulb moment. I decided to make my friends a little wall hanger each, just to tell them how much I appreciate them, and heres what I came up with.



Image - Sugar Nellie, Tell me something by Leanne Ellis
Papers - Basig Grey, Bittersweet
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & Pins - LORA Crafts
Gems - Papermania
Butterfly - Local floristry warehouse



Image - Tiddly Inks, Spring Hubbabug
Papers - K & Co, Wild Raspberry
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & Pin - LORA Crafts
Butterfly - Smirk Brad (Dovecraft)

I really enjoyed making these, and they feel a bit more special knowing that they will be a keepsake rather than just a card. I can already feel another one coming on especially as Abbie has spotted them and now wants one for her room.

I am also going to enter these hangings into the following new (new to me!!) challenges I have found today.

Cupcake Craft Challenge - No Squares Allowed

One Stitch at a time challenge - Flowers.

Lyndsey xx

18 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lyndsey, how are you keeping hun? That shop and those little ones must be keeping you very busy?

Love your keepsakes, they are just gorgeous! I love making them, Georgia has two on her door. I wonder which one Abbie will have on hers, lol!

Have a super weekend, hugs Heidi xx

Sarpreet said...

Hi Lyndsey, glad to hear you are feeling better, still take the rest you need.

These are gorgeous, love them. I can see why Abbie wants one!

Sarpreet

Tammy said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

Fern said...

Gorgeous keepsakes Lyndsey, love the colours and images on both x

Fern xx

Tasha said...

Wowzers, these are fantastic, great colours and the flowers are beautiful
love tasha xx

Tammy said...

These are beautiful.....Love the colors and flowers. Images are darling.
Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at OSAAT.
Smiles...Tammy

Liz said...

Beautiful project love that image with brilliant colour and well made with great flowers too thanks for entering OSAAT challenges this week

Liz x

Sam said...

Ah Lyndsey these are both fab hun. Thanks for sharing and playing long here at OSAAT.
Sam x

Donna said...

These are so beautiful Lyndsey, such gorgeous designs and beautiful embellies you have used. Hope you are feeling a bit better now! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Your creations are delightful ! Love the embellishments and the colours too ! Smiles from Catherine

Roslynne said...

Love the idea Lindsey beautiful images and use of colours .Hope you'r feeling better now

Debbie said...

Hi Lyndsey, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better hun.
I love your fabulous wall hangings...what a lovely way to say thank you to your friends.
Hugs
Debbie x

Tammy said...

You did a beautiful job on this.
Thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge at OSAAT.
Smiles...Tammy

Unknown said...

Oh' Lyndsey this hanger is a Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
Sarah xx

Shelly said...

Hi Lyndsey! It was lovely to hear from you... so sorry to read you've been ill hun :( Hope you're feeling lots better now! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these wall hangings, what a fabulous project and such a lovely may to thank your friends, they'll be thrilled with these beauties! Your projects are just perfect for our challenge at Cupcake this week... thanks for joining us!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Susan.... said...

Such beautiful creations ! Made from the heart and ready to put smiles on faces !
Hugs
susan x

thread-bare said...

Wow what great creations. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x

Riet said...

So Beautiful Lyndsey,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...