Wednesday 21 April 2010

Shopping day

Hi All,

Well I have had a fabulous day today, I am finally more or less back on my feet now after my op. I have been feeling a bit down with everything so my friend decided I needed a girly shopping day out. We started off with Breakfast at Maccy's (pancakes & syrup) yum!!! then off for a bit of shopping with lots of time in the changing rooms, then a bit of lunch followed by lots more shopping. We then came home collected kids from school, got hubby and went off to the cinema to watch Nanny McPhee. I am well and truely shattered but feel sooooo much better.

Anyway thought I pop on a couple more of the cards I made the other day. This first one is for the Totally Gorjuss challenge which this week is ..... Charming..... and I thought rather than do just one I would add a couple, so I got out my pliers, some chain, jump rings and a few charms and this is what I came up with on my card. I also used a totally gorjuss little Tilda image on it as well.



Image - Magnolia
Papers - Wild Rose Studio
Flowers - Hero Arts
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

This second card is made following the sketch over on Friday Sketchers. I made the card for my friends son who's birthday is tomorrow. He is the same age as my son, and loves his game console. I picked up the fabby papers from the Range a few days ago and knew exactlly how I wanted his card to turn out, as I knew I had this LOTV stamp. But when I got it out I realised that the pic on the TV was a car game, so I cut out around the inside of the screen and replaced with some of the Space Invader backing paper. Although the images on the paper were too big, so I scanned them and printed it off 50% smaller.



Image - Lilli of the Valley
Papers - Smirk for Him (Dovecraft)
Sentiment - Craftwork cards

Thanks for looking.


Lyndsey xx

6 comments:

Beverley said...

Gorgeous cards - love that LOTV image and all those dotty papers with the Tilda. So glad to hear your feeling a lot better.
Hugs
Bev x

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous cards, love how you combine paper together easily - i struggle for hours x

Fern said...

Hi Lyndsey, glad to hear your back up on your feet and feeling better! Nothing like a bit of shopping! :D
2 gorgeous cards, love the first so bright and all the dots/spots are really eyecatching! Love the little boys one too- what a great idea with the screen- i'll have to try that one x

Fern xx

craftymum said...

Hi Lyndsey
"Charming" first card and your second card is lovely too. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.
I have left a get well card for you in the shop. It's my most expensive card ever £32!!!!! Thats how much I spent in the shop!!!! And I was only delivering a card too.
So gald you are feeling better
Thanks for visiting and your sweet comments
Love sarah XXX

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful cards! Love the colors!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Lyndsey,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...