Thursday 13 December 2012

Glamour puss

Hi all,

3 days on the trot I must be feeling a bit better, well after seeing the consultant this week it turns out that after all this time the reason I am still in pain is that my body is still not recovered from my operation and I need to take things easy for the next 3 months or so. His exact words to me were - there are hysterectomy's, difficult hysterectomy's, very difficult hysterectomy's and then yours!!!!!, so I need to cut back and rest a bit more. Also it seems that my bladder has been effected from when they had to un-attach it from my womb and I now have an overactive bladder with stress incontinence. I have been put on a bladder training plan and told to avoid certain things which can irritate the bladder - so have been banned from drinking anything with caffeine, fizz, alcohol, citrus & sweetener in it - which doesn't leave much apart from water and I have to have measured amounts of fluid at certain time throughout the day. So looks like its going to be a very sober xmas for me!!!!

Anyway today is showcase day over on the Milkcoffee Blog and our theme for this week is Party, we were given a mixture of party themed images to work with and I was lucky enough to be given this gorgeous glamour puss Tiffany in couture dress to work with.



I coloured the image with promarkers, then using a quickie glue pen added glamour dust to some of the pattern to make it stand out. The papers are MME and I made the flowers myself buy cutting a very wonky circle and then cutting it into a spiral.

If you would like to see what creations my teamies have made, please pop by the blog and check them out.

Also before I go, I have had 2 lots of very exciting news this week. One I can't tell you till Jan - but I was jumping up and down in the living room about it!!!!, but the other I can tell you and that is I have been asked to join the DT for Inky Impressions so I am now an Inkette whoop whoop!!!!

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Lyndsey this is gorgeous the image is coloured so beautifully and the layout is stunning. Caroline xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its gorgeous Lyndsey love the colours and I think I have these papers somewhere must go and root them out! Congratulations on your news well deserved! x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely love your fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Lyndsey

Sounds like you need to be putting your feet up more!!! I do hope things settle down for you.

Loving the card you have posted here. Great colours and image and those flowers are gorgeous!!

Congratulations on your DT spot with Inky Impressions and looking forward to your January news!! How exciting.

Have fun.

Love Jules xx

coops said...

so stunning lyndsey.really love the image and your rich colours are gorgeous.love how you coloured her dress too :D
huge congrats on your DT news and i hope you are pain free soon, take it easy.

xx coops xx

Eileen said...

Such a glam card Lyndsey. Beautifully coloured image and great papers and embellies.
Glad to hear they are getting you sorted out.
Congrats on making a new DT
Eileen x

Mary J said...

You already know how much I LOVE this card, Lyndsey!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...