Wednesday 16 November 2011

Sweet and Sassy


 Hi all,

Well its Wednesday again and so that means its time for a new challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop. This week our theme is :-

Mix & Match

We want to see you mix and match those designer papers on your card, no taking the easy option of co-ordinating papers from the same the pad.

This weeks sponser is the fabulous


And Elisabeth has offered the prize of 2 Digi images of your choice.

Now I have to admit I didnt like this challenge one little bit at all, when I make a card I like to use papers from the same the pad. That way all the colours, texture, patterns, thickness match and it makes it easy to put your card together, however I suppose we all need to move away from our comfort zone every now and then!!!.

So I chose my image first, knowing who our sponser was and being as I didnt have any of her digi images I decided to use one of my fave stamps from her Sweet Art Ebony range called Sweet & Sassy. I have had her for ages and orginally got her from Sugar Nellie/Funky Kits she was one of my first SN stamps. Then I sat there and spent ages trying to match papers together and eventually I was happy with what I had chosen.

My checked paper is from MME Stella & Rose- Gertie, Flowery paper is Basic Grey - Green at Heart & the stripy paper is First Edition - Love Letters. I added a bit of flowery ribbon and some flowers made using my new fave punches from Nellie Snellen, Craftwork Cards fancy sentiment and pearls to finish.


Well I hope you like my creation, do pop on over to the challenge blog and join in with this weeks challenge and also check out my team mates fabulous creations too - I dont know if that have had as much trouble as me with this challange, I hope not!!.

Thanks for popping by my blog today

Lyndsey xx

9 comments:

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Lynsey....and I'm loving your colours & mix of dp's too hun...

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

So beautiful Lyndsey,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Lyndsey :o) Fab image and love the papers - such lovely colours and you've matched them really well! Love the punched flowers too. Lisa x

Sue said...

Hi Lyndsey
a fabulous card, great colour work, pretty papers & embelies, sue,x

PatR said...

Pretty card Lyndsey and I love that image. xx

coops said...

so gorgeous lyndsey.i love your bold colours and papers and the image and flowrrs are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Shelby said...

Fantastic card Lyndsey...love how you worked with all of the different papers and included amazing additional elements. Love it

Shelby

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just gorgeous x x x

Diane's Card Designs said...

A gorgeous card with a gorgeous image and coloured perfectly. I love the green and purple together, they are very effective.
Diane xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...