Thursday 30 August 2012

Hop, skip & a jump

Hi all,

I am back today with a card for our new challenge over at Milkcoffee, this week our theme is

Back to School

Now my 2 angels!!! go back next Wed and I know it sounds horrible but I can't wait. Don't get me wrong I love having them around but I can't seem to keep in a routine whilst they are around me on hols and I don't seem to get anything done. Plus they squabble so much more when they are around each other for longer periods lol!!. Anyway I tell you, I took them uniform shopping yesterday and well nearly fell over at the till in Clarks £75 for 2 pairs of school shoes, although I have to admit they are good quailty and do last them ages. However whilst they were choosing them Oli went I'll have these (bit trainerish type), they will be alright for when I am playing footie at lunchtime as well!!!! at that price I don't bloomin think so he will sooooo be taking a pair of trainers with him lol.

Anyway - best show you my card, I have chosen to use this fabby image called Rope Skipping Girl. I just loved skipping when I was young, such a fun thing to do although if I tried it now I would probably get black eyes lol!!. Abbie takes a skipping rope with her to school most days, so thought this card would be perfect for her to wish her luck on her first day back.


I coloured my girl in with Pro-Markers and I teamed her with some fab Cosmo Cricket paper called The Boyfriend, as the prints on them were just perfect for this challenge. Added a bit of twine wrapped round the card and a few WOC flowers to pretty it up a bit.

Promarkers used

Skin - Burnt Orange, Coral, Dusky Pink, Blush
Hair - Raw Sienna, Gold, Mustard
Top - Burnt Orange, Spice, Peach
Skirt/Shoes - Cool Grey 5, 4, 3 & 1
Socks - Gold, Mustard, Buttercup

* Bargin for you, my local Hobbycraft are doing their Promarkers at £1.56 each at the moment and when you get to the till there is another 25% off them. So if you need to stock up it may well be worth looking in your local store - I went the weekend and ended up coming out with fair few - well for that price it was rude not too!!.

Thanks for popping by my blog today, I love reading your comments on my cards and truely appreciate you stopping by even if you don't leave a comment.

Lyndsey xx

6 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful card, love the fresh colours hun. Yep am counting the days too, mine don't go back until next thursday - seven days and counting lol! hugs Heidi xx

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Lynsey I remember feeling that way about the school hols when Amy was at school you felt guilty if you worked while they were off but then when you're at home you can't get anything done and all is I'm bored lol kids!!!!
As for the price of uniforms and shoes DON'T remind me we could only get Amy's uniform from one shop and the prices were so expensive then (four + years ago)but they have you by the proverbials as they need the uniform so you have to pay it and clarkes are so damned pricey
rant over (and Amy doesn't even go to school any more lol)
this card is stunning as are all your creations I love seeing what you come up with I love your papers and yes I can remember skipping at school breaks lol
Hugs
Jacki xx

Unknown said...

hi lyndsey what a fab card..love the colours..superb hugs sassyxxxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lyndsey.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

gorgeous card lyndsey.i love the fun image and fab red and yellow colours :D
i can`t wait till school is open on tuesday, jack is getting very bored now.

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...