Tuesday 21 February 2012

Get well flowers

Hi all

Hope you all had a great start to the week, mine not too good. I have mentioned on here before that I have been having a few health problems myself and finally yesterday I got to see a consultant. Turns out I have cysts on my overies and one is very large and has grown even more since I had a scan 3 weeks ago. Also they think I have Endometriosis, so next Mon I have been booked in for an op to remove the cyst and also find out the level of endometriosis so they can see what needs to be done. I have been told to be prepared for a hysterectomy!!!, but at least after all this time it will be a relief to actually get something done.

Anyways although I cant really give this card to myself I have today a get well card to show you. Whilst doing the heart shaped card the other week, which I then taught to my class. I wanted to show them that it didnt just have to be a valentines card just because it was heart shaped so I made a couple of other samples to show them, one being this get well card and another as a Mothers Day Card.


The image is from Fizzy Moon coloured with Promarkers , papers are a Forever Friends pack Pink Parfai, the faux lace was done with a MS border punch and the flowers and ribbon from stash.

I have also just seen that the original card, has today been showcased on the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog HERE as the Daily Talent Spot (go me!!!!!)

Thanks for popping by my blog today.

Lyndsey xx

9 comments:

Sassy Scrapper said...

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. But thankfully you got some answers, I wish you the best!
Your heart shaped card is adorable. I love this sweet little bear and the decorative paper you used is gorgeous. Nice job with the lace going around the heart, it really adds so much to the card!
Hugs Bonnie

Shanna Shands said...

I am sorry to hear about your health problems. I think a lot of us are on the same boat. I get cyst monthly myself but not too severe yet. But my family has a history of having to have things removed. I really like your card. The border around the heart is fantastic.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lyndsey, firstly good luck for Monday, have had this op myself, it was soon sorted out and hoping yours will be too. It enabled me to have Georgia, so am thankful for that. Love your card, fabulous shape and colours and so well done on getting showcased, so GO YOU too lol! Take care of yourself and looking forward to seeing your next creation, hugs Heidi xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

O Lyndsey I am sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope it'll all be sorted on Monday x
I totally agree that hearts are not just for valentines - I love using them all year but I've yet to have a bash at a heart easel. This is gorgeous, no wonder you got the daily talent spot - you go girl !
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Lyndsy, sorry to hear about your health problems hun, hope everything goes well on Monday. Love the gorgeous card, the image is so cute and perfectly coloured. Congrats on the talent spot, way to go girl.

Donna x

coops said...

so stunning lyndsey.i love the heart shape and gorgeous sweet image and colours :D
wishing you well for monday hun.

xx coops xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card Lyndsey and well done on the Joanna Sheen talent spot...well deserved!

Hope everything goes ok on Monday.

Diane xx

Mary J said...

Oh Lyndsey, that is just gorgeous!!! Love that shaped card!

Wishcraft said...

This is so beautiful Lyndsey! Fabulous design, love the papers and sweet image. Hope all goes well for you on Monday, sending hugs xx Lisa x

PS. hopefully you haven't got this comment 3 times - blogger was having a moment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...