Wednesday 9 November 2011

Sitting Pretty


Hi all

Its that time of the week again for another challenge over at My Mums Craft Shop. The theme this week is :-

Sugar & Spice - and all things nice

We also have a fantastic sponser this week, the fabulous Krista Smith has generously agreed to sponser us.



Krista also very kindly gave the DT a choice of a free image to use on their card and I chose the gorgeous Tressa Princess which you can fnd HERE and I have coloured her with promarkers. I have teamed her with some candy coloured MME papers,  Nellie Snellen punches were used for the flowers and some gorge organza ribbon and pearls. All items on this card were made using my new stash I got from the NEC.

Although I got mine from the NEC, you can find the papers at MMCS HERE they are called Happier by My minds Eye, and the Pearls you can find HERE and are from the Prima E-Line range.


Now I have been really struggling to use Digi Images as my printer is not promarker friendly and I have been getting a few smuges with my colouring especially on the paler colours. Anyway today I tried spraying the image with some hairspray first as I have heard that this does the trick, now I wont say its worked perfectly but its certainly made it much better. So if anyone have any other tips I could try I would be extremely greatful.

Hope you like my card, do pop on over to the challenge blog and check out my team mates gorgoeus creations and join in the challenge.

Thanks for popping by the blog today

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges

Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes (must use digi)

Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes (must use digi)

My partner in crafting crime - Must use a freebie (digi image freebie from SC)

Lyndsey xx

15 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your card Lyndsey and these images are adorable. Unfortunately they print out a bit to feint for me. Not sure how to get them darker. Wish they'd come in RUBBER! Your colouring is fabulous. hugs Sharon x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a really cute, girly card. Love the colours.
I had a similar problem with my printer ink and Copics. I found that the paper/card I used made all the difference. So you could try a few different ones!
Thanks for the tip about using pins.
Caroline xxx

Kerry said...

This is gorgeous Lyndsey...the colours are so pretty and your colouring is phenom!! I have an Epson Stylus SX205 all in one printer and it works great with Copics. Maybe Sharon needs to go into her print settings...I do ctrl/Alt/P and it brings up the properties box. I can then choose the quality option. I always use text...draft is VERY feint. That might work for her :-D

Unknown said...

Oh this is so pretty.. I love the dp's (so much so the postie delivered them me this morning lol) I love the scrummy colours you used xxx

Vicky said...

Just so pretty Lyndsey...

big hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

Beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

fabulous card lyndsey.your colours and beautiful and i love the gorgeous image ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

so very pretty! love all the different elements too!

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful sweetie ♥ pops x

Wishcraft said...

So pretty Lyndsey! Love the image and fab papers :o)

When we first got our new printer I was worried because the ink really smudged, but I've found a few things that help...

I try to print the images at least the night before I want to colour them, to give them time to 'set'. I changed the card I printed on - basically the more glossy the card, the more the ink will smudge. We swapped to cheap compatible inks instead of the proper expensive ones. You could try printing in 'draft' - it should use less ink to do this, therefore less chance of smudging.

Hope some of my rambling helps :o) Lisa x

Mary J said...

So very very beautiful Lyndsey! I love how you've done the flowrs and coloured her hair!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a sweet image Lyndsey and beautifully coloured. Love the backing papers and the colours are so fresh.
Diane xx

Shelby said...

Beautiful card Lyndsey. Love the color scheme you chose and I most definitely love the color of her hair that you used!

Shelby

Made by Mandy said...

Your colouring is fabulous, such a beautiful image and card.

Regarding printers I have a very inexpensive Samsung black ink laser printer for printing out my digis and this is great for my Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I have had no problems and have even been able to refill it will generic toner rather than buying the more expensive manufacturer refills and it works really well. I have a inkjet printer for colour and on a few occasions have used this but they do run with the pens so not been pleased with finished result.

Many thanks for joining in with our Thankgiving/Anything Goes with a Digi challenge over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges

Mandy (DT member for Daisy Doodles)

Robin said...

Fab papers, pearls and flowers!! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...