Thursday 18 February 2010

Bad news at hospital

We took Abbie for a check up at Birmingham Childrens yesterday, and the news we received was not good. We had been expecting something as she has been quite unwell since before chirstmas. She had lost weight instead of putting it on and not grown as much as they would have expected. They also told us that there was something of concern on her x-rays and in her blood results. They have changed a lot of her medication to stronger stuff and have also put her on steriods to help improve her lungs (these we believe will now be for quite a while) as they told us they seemed moist?. We have then also been told this morning that the Psuedomonas has returned for a 3rd time and unfortunately it is 3rd unlucky in this case. She has been put on strong antibiotics and she is now back on the nebulizer which we have now been told is for life. its been quite hard for us to take in all this news today as it means that she is worse than what we originally thought and have spent all day consulting family members and tears have been spilt. My head is in a complete mess, so please forgive me is my posting or commenting dwindles in the next days/weeks.

Lyndsey xx

10 comments:

Tracy said...

So sorry about your news Lyndsey, my thoughts and prayers are with Abbie, you and your family, I hope the medication helps and you see some improvement quite quickly.
Sending you hugs
Tracy x

Joey said...

Lyndsey hun I wish there was something I could say or do to make things better for you all, sending you a big hug.xxx

Helen said...

Awww...so sorry to hear this Lyndsey...sending you all hugs
Helen xxx

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry to hear your bad news Lyndsey. I hope the new medication helps Abbie feel better - my thoughts are with you at this tough time.

Ivolina said...

These are very bad news. I really hope your little princess will be better soon.
Your Abbie will be in my thoughts.
Big hug for you and for your sick little girl.

PatR said...

Dear Lyndsey so sorry to hear the news for Abbie was not good. I hadn't realised when I saw you today in the shop as I hadn't checked out the blogs. It must be very difficult for you at the moment but keep positive.
Big ((((Hugs)))).
Pat xx

PatR said...

Oh me again forgot to say have a good time at the trade show. It will do you good to have a day out looking at all the crafting goodies.
Take care.
Love, pat xx

Sarpreet said...

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, so sad, my heart bleeds for you, although miles apart - email me if you want to just let off steam,take care

Kimmi said...

HI Lyndsey

Sorry to hear of your Daughters ill health. I hope everything picks up soon! Keep thinkin positively!

Kimmi

p.s. when you get the chance check out the Stampin' for the Weekend blog - I'm not sure your aware but you won the last challenge over there. I didnt get an email from you and found your recent post, so I guess it wasnt top of your list of to do! Take care and contact me when you can!

xx

Jill said...

aww Lyndsey I'm so sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with you all lots of hugs Jill xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...