Saturday 9 May 2009

Abbie Update 2

Hi all,
Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all who have left such lovely comments and best wishes for Abbie.
We have had a good day today and she has been unloading herself very well. She seems much brighter and is even back to bossing us all about. The medicine she has to take is not going down to well, they are sachets of powder that have to be dissolved in water and they taste horrible. We are using bribery with anything from chocolate to stickers anything we can think of, daddy got her a pair of new pink shoes today which really helped with the lunchtime meds and she chose a HSM handbag from the shop today for being such a brave girl. We are back at hospital on tue and I really think it will be good news.

Secondly I have been looking at a few of the challenges today as I have a few cards I need to get cracking on and I came across the challenge on Cute Card Thursday. I dont know how many of you do their challenges but this weeks really tugged at my heartstings. They have had a request from a site called Postpals who send cards, letters and gifts to sick children and this is what CCT are asking you to do this week. I popped over to the site to have a look and you have to pick a child to send your card too, I found a few children who have CF and have decided to send each one a card from Abbie. I didnt even know this charity existed but I really think it is such a good idea, especially with what we go through with Abbie sometimes when things are bad and you are really down it would give such a lift to recived a card or a letter from someone just to let you know they are thinking of you. (I recieved a card in the post today from a blogging bubby and although totally unconnected with everything thats going on with Abbie at the moment it really made my day and put a smile on my face).I have asked for Abbie to be considered as a pal and hope that one day soon she may get some cards through the box for her, she really loves opening them and I know they would make her day. If you havent seen the challenge on CCT yet, please pop over and get involved, I bet most of us have cards that are just sitting there in box send one to a sick child and give them something to smile about when they are having a bad day. I have put the link at the top of my blog under my header,I for one now know where all my extra cards will be heading.

Lyndsey xx

9 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Lyndsey, so plesed that Abbie seems to be doing better, such a relief, if the bribery works stick with it, I would too lol. Joey.xxx

Sally said...

Lyndsey,
I am so happy to hear that Abbie is responding to the medicine. That has sure been an answer to my prayers. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. Thanks so much for the update.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good moring Lyndsey my thoughts are with you hunny. I so sympaphise reagarding the medication. I often resort to bribery too, needs must! i have emailed you separately hope you got it. If not hunny can you please mail me your address to littlepopits@aol.com

Thank you! hugs Linda x

Extra big hugs to Abbie.

Fern said...

Hi Lyndsey.
It's such a relief to hear Abbie is OK now.
Bribery always works with me!

Fern xx

Shelly said...

Hi Lyndsey! I'm so sorry to hear Abbie has been ill, but pleased that she seems to be on the mend! I bet the HSM bag helped put a smile on her face! It's a good sign if she's back to being bossy lol! On the subject of smiles...I checked the post pals web and was quite touched, it must be very difficult for the children and their families...I shall definately be taking part in this one! Hope all goes well on Tues and you have some good news to report back to us xx

Tasha said...

Hey Lyndsey im so pleased that Abigail is doing better, when little girls go back to being bossy its always a good sign lol.
I saw about Post Pals from a fellow blogger and when i went over there it really tugged at my heart strings. When i read all the stories i was so overcome by emotion for these brave boys and girls and their families and decided there and then to send cards to as many children as i could.
If Abbie would like a card id lov to make her one, could you email me your address with details of what Abbie likes and ill make Abbie a card.
Hope all goes well on tuesday
love tasha

tashabeasley@hotmail.co.uk

Kim. said...

Great news, I hope Abbie keeps on the right track and continues to recover easily. A little bribery always works and never does any harm we used to have to resort to it to get our son to take his medications.
I have cards here waiting to go to postpals as I like you know how important it is. Whilst my son has spent many a time in Great Ormond Street it is always the little thoughts that mean the most.
Kim xXx

Jill said...

aww Lyndsey please give Abbie a hug from me, poor thing, she's been through such a lot, glad to hear she's on the mend, look after yourself hugs Jill xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Lyndsey sorry I have not visited for a few days, I'm all behind with my blogging. I am pleased to hear that Abbie is on the mend.
Hugs Lynsey:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...