Tuesday 24 February 2009

MIL Birthday meets the Sugar Bowl

Its my mother in laws birthday on Thursday and I have made her these 2 cards, one off us and one off the kids. As they both feature Sugar Nellie images and only 1 piece of patterned paper, I am entering them into this challenge.

This one is off Rich and me, the image is by Leanne Ellis at Sugar Nellie coloured in with whipsers pens and them chalked over using orange & yellow chalks. (you cant really see it in the pic but it does look a lot more distressed IRL .The pape is My Minds Eye and I have dulled it down a bit again with some yellow & orange chalks. Flowers are Prima with a charm from ebay, little pink gems from Papermania and lace from my shop. I have also done some REAL!!!! stitching round the edges of the paper & the image. (Dont know why the flower looks so bright on the pic IRL it actually matches the paper).


This one is off the kids and I have used another SN stamp called Sweet & Sassy, The paper is My Minds Eye an again I have stitched around the edge. Flower is Prima & Poppicraft with a Dovecraft flower brad in centre, Dovecraft organza ribbon and the sentiment I have generated on the computer.
Lyndsey xx

15 comments:

amanda stokes said...

Two sweet cards lyndsey.so you've had a go at real stitchin?did it take you long?i find it quite relaxing.are these new purchases with your demo money?hugs amanda xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards hunni! I love the first image from leanne ellis! they're lovely!, and you've used my favourite stamp too sweet and sassy! gorjuss!!!

Yes the bits of my cards are cut out! mad took me hours that card! lol

hugs carly xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, love them both! Stunning.
Erin x

Lilian said...

You've made gorgeous cards! Lovely coloring, color combo and great papers. :) I am addicted to faux stitching and am envious of your real stitches lol! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Riet said...

what a gorgeous cards Lyndsey,l love the image.

hugs Riet.xx

Tasha said...

Oh i adore these cards they are gorgeous - love that huge bow
love tasha xx

Emma said...

Both gorgeous cards Lyndsey...love the papers and colours.
Blogger seems to be sorted this morning...yipee!! Lol
Emma x

Tina said...

Lyndsey your mil will love these.... i really do like the second one.. that is just sooooo yummy thos colours are gorgeous... Thank you so much for joinin my candy giveaway.. Good Luck Crafty Hugs Tina

Debbie said...

Two beautiful cards Lyndsey, I love both of the images and the colours and papers are gorgeous. Your MIL will be delighted with them! Debbie x

Mrs Wonka said...

Lyndsey what beautiful cards, I love the 1st one bestest!

Mrs W x

Lynsey said...

Beautiful cards Lyndsey! I am sure your MIL will love them.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Fern said...

Great cards Lyndsey i love the paper... will you be stocking that in ashmoore? And i can't believe you hand sewed the border, it's very neat. I tried to hand sew on my paper too... but it kind of went wrong! Have not been bloging lately as i have caught a bit of a tummy bug, but i will hopefully get well soon!

Love
Fern :o)

Georgia said...

These are beautiful! The stitching looks great and I like the colours you've used!
Love, Georgia xx

Gayle said...

Hi Lyndsey
Gorgeous cards! They are both delicious!
Thanks for getting sticky in The Sugar Bowl!
Sugar Mama x

Leanne Ellis said...

Lovely!! The little metal accents on both cards really set them off! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...